Indian Institute for Studies in Mathematics has announced the Maths Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2018 for students studying in Class III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX. It is a competitive examination that focuses on mathematical reasoning, mental ability, novel approach, concepts, accuracy and speed.
In order to be eligible, an applicant must-
- Be studying in Class 3 to 9 under any educational board in India.
Note: Student can appear only for the class in which he/she is studying during the academic year.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please follow the steps given below:
Step 1- Click here and select the city first.
Step 2- Register an account by entering all the details.
Step 3- Go to your registered email id and verify the link there.
Step 4- Fill in all the details in the registration form.
Note: Online registration is available only for the cities given in the dropdown list. If city is not listed, register through your school.
- The last date of Registration will be 30th November 2017.
- The date of Examination will be Sunday, 28th January 2018.
- The examination fee will be INR 250.
Nature of Exam -
- The paper consists of 50 objective questions, i.e., each question has 4 alternatives. These questions are to be answered in 90 minutes, on an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet.The correct answer is awarded 2 marks, whereas the wrong one carries a penalty of 0.5 marks, except for Class III and IV.
Hall Ticket, Seat Number and Centre for Examination-
- The Hall Ticket, bearing the student’s Seat Number and Centre for the Examination, is sent to the school 10 days prior to the date of the examination. One can also download the Hall Ticket by visiting the Downloads section of this website.
- The results of the examination are declared on this website by the 30th of April and can be checked by visiting the Results section. The mark sheet and certificates are sent to the schools by the 30th of June. Students are requested to keep checking this site periodically.
Verification of Marks -
- If a student desires to get his/her marks reassessed, an application in this regard, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope (9" x 4.5") should be submitted to the office of the IISMA. The Application Form can be downloaded from the Downloads section. Along with the application, please attach Demand Draft / Pay Order of INR 100 (rupees hundred only) drawn in favour of 'Indian Institute for Studies in Mathematics' payable at Mumbai. Photocopy of the answer sheet and model answer key will be made available after verification. Applications received after the specified date will not be entertained. The decision of IISMA in this matter shall be final and binding.
- The students scoring either above 30 marks or the Benchmark Score, whichever is higher, are declared as successful. Note- The Benchmark score is the average score of all the students for that class.
- The top 5 rank holders of each class are awarded mementos.
- The top 200 successful students from each class are awarded a Certificate of Merit and prizes worth more than INR 3.5 lacs.
- A Certificate of Participation is awarded to all other students writing the examination.
No documents available.