Leiden University invites applications from students of all nationalities for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2018. The students enrolling in a full-time master's degree programme starting in February 2018.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must -
- Have achieved excellent study results in his/her prior academic education abroad which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol.
How to apply?
The eligible candidates can apply online for the scholarship with following steps -
Step 1: Register to create login credentials by clicking here.
Step 2: Fill in the online application for admission.
Step 3: Upload all required documents.
Step 4: Upload letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page.
Step 5: Submit online application.
Step 6: Pay the application fee of € 100.
Scholarship amount details
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has three awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The number and type of award of the scholarship depend on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students' academic level of excellence. Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
Rules and regulations
- The LExS is only valid for the period the student is registered at Leiden University as a full-time student within the time frame of the study programme.
- The maximum study period for a 1-year programme is 12 months.
- The maximum study period for a 2-year programme is 24 months.
- Continuation of the LExS is not guaranteed when a student changes his or her degree programme during the study programme.
- A LExS granted for the academic year as specified in the decision letter cannot be transferred to another academic year or to a next intake within the same academic year. In case a student has been awarded a LExS for the September (or February) intake and decides to postpone his/her participation in the study programme, the LExS will be revoked. Requests will be reviewed case by case and the final decision will be taken by the Faculty Selection Committee(s).
- For a programme lasting more than one year, the student is required to obtain a minimum of 60 ECTS in the first year of study in order to retain the right to LExS for the following academic year.
- The LExS will not be awarded to students who are admitted to a second Master programme at Leiden University with the exception of students applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory.
- During the study at Leiden University, the student will take an active part in activities to promote the LExS.
No documents available.