The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment is inviting applications for the Emeritus Scientists Scheme – 2015. Candidates should be from the State of Kerala by birth/domicile and have been worked as a scientist/academician in reputed institutions with commendable scientific achievements. Candidates should have published research papers in standard national/international journals or/and patents and should not be more than 65years as on 1st January 2015. The Emeritus Scientists will engage in full time research work for 3 years in the relevant subject areas. Last date for the receipt of the filled application will be 25th September 2015.
About the scheme
KSCSTE invites applications from candidates for the selection of Emeritus Scientists of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, an autonomous body of Government of Kerala. Scientists / academicians in any of the Science / Engineering branches from the State of Kerala who have retired from service or completed their assignments from reputed institutions with research publications in reputed journals are eligible to apply. The Emeritus Scientists will engage in full time research work for 3 years in the relevant subject areas.
- Tap knowledge and to provide support to superannuated outstanding scientists to pursue research in their respective field of specialization
- To utilize their talent and use their experience in addressing state level important issues
- Candidates should be scientists / academicians in Kerala by birth or domicile and should have worked as a scientist / academician in reputed institutions with commendable scientific achievements.
- Candidates should have published research papers in peer reviewed journal with impact factor greater than 1.
- Age should not exceed 65 years as on 1st January 2015.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates may submit application in the prescribed format with copies of certificates, training, age, educational qualifications, achievements, publications etc. The application should contain mailing address, contact number and e-mail ID. An undertaking from Head of any of the recognized Research Centres/Departments/Institutions stating that research facilities will be extended to the Emeritus Scientist if selected or have no objection in allowing the Emeritus Scientist to carry out the programme in the institution is to be attached along with the application. The candidate may also submit a brief profile in the prescribed format along with the application form.
- Emeritus Scientists selected by assessment of their work carried out, merit of the project proposal will be eligible for a monthly honorarium of `25,000/- for three years together with 10% H.R.A and an annual contingent grant of `1,00,000/-and assistance for appointing research fellows/associates during the tenure.
- Candidates must produce an undertaking from the Head of the recognized research centers/departments/institutes of the Kerala State stating that they will extend all facilities for the particular Emeritus Scientist in the concerned laboratory/institute. He/She may do their work independently or may seek assistance with the help of Research fellows, students or staff of the concerned department/Institution and will not be attached to a senior investigator.
- The Emeritus Scientist has to help students, Research Fellows, staff etc. of the Department/ Institution in the concerned subject in accordance with the instructions of the Head of the Institution.
- The financial assistance for the Emeritus Scientist will be released in advance to the Head of the Institution from where the application is forwarded. The fund should be utilized only for the purpose for which it has been sanctioned. The interest accrued if any will have to be reflected in the statement of expenditure, which will be adjusted from the subsequent years grant.
- The amount should be drawn by the Institution and released to the Emeritus Scientist only by means of a crossed cheque. A separate cashbook should be maintained for the purpose by the institution, which will be open for scrutiny of KSCSTE or any agency deputed by the KSCSTE. Receipt and Expenditure relating to the Emeritus Scientist should be entered in the Cash Book simultaneously with the transactions. The designation of the drawing and disbursing officer of the institution shall be mentioned in the cheque. Balance amount with interest accrued if any in the account should be mentioned in the Utilization Certificate and will be adjusted against future release. Unutilized amount at the completion/termination of Emeritus Scientist Programme will be refunded with interest to KSCSTE.
- Annual progress report of the work and audited financial statements has to be submitted to the KSCSTE, duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution.
- The 2nd year instalment will be disbursed by KSCSTE only after receiving satisfactory progress reports and audited statement of expenditure & Utilization Certificate from the Head of institution (for Govt./University) and chartered accountant in the case of private institution. On completion of the tenure of the programme Emeritus Scientist must submit detailed consolidated report of research work done during the entire period of the programme and audited statements of expenditure to the KSCSTE.
- The Emeritus Scientist programme will be purely on contract basis and will not be eligible for any other benefits. The Emeritus Scientists will be required to complete the research programme within a period of three years.
- No Emeritus Scientist shall discontinue his/her Emeritus Scientist Scheme without prior approval of KSCSTE. In case he/she wishes to discontinue the programme prior to completion of the tenure, he/she must submit the resignation to the KSCSTE through the Head of the Institution, indicating specific reasons for not continuing the programme. The assistance shall cease from the date stipulated in the letter approving the resignation. The Emeritus Scientist who thus resigned must send a detailed consolidated report of the research work done during the period of the Emeritus Scientist Programme and audited financial statements through the Head of the Institution to KSCSTE, within one month of accepting the resignation.
- The Emeritus Scientist shall inform KSCSTE about any achievements, patents and submission/publication of any research paper arising out of the research work done during the tenure of the Emeritus Scientist Programme.
- Benefit sharing from the patents and acknowledgement KSCSTE in other outcome generated will be as per the rules of KSCSTE.
- Emeritus Scientists will not be eligible to avail similar financial assistance/stipend from any other source from other state/central funding agencies simultaneously. The Emeritus Scientist should furnish an undertaking to the effect that he/she is not availing similar financial assistance/ stipend from any other source simultaneously.
- For administering the KSCSTE Emeritus Scientist Scheme, the rules of the host institute may be applied.
I do hereby agree to adhere strictly to the above terms and conditions for availing Emeritus Scientistship of KSCSTE.