Each year, up to 20 journalists from all over the world come together as JSK Fellows for 10 months of learning, collaborating, creating and fun.They enthusiastically include families in fellowship life.
To help fellows get the most out of their year, they provide several financial benefits, including a stipend of $65,000. In addition to the stipend, they provide fellows with additional funds designed to help with specific costs, such as housing, health insurance, child care and expenses related to work on their journalism challenges. (The amounts of these supplemental funds a fellow receives are based in part on family size and range from $13,000 to more than $50,000.)
Other benefits of a JSK Fellowship:
- Access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organizations, from technology giants to hot new startups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centers.
- Opportunities to join classes taught by top-notch Stanford professors and instructors in a wide range of specialties. It is not uncommon for classes to be taught by people who also are working in the private sector.
- A rich intellectual and cultural campus life, including live theater, music and dance performances and special lectures and events.
- Fellowship social events where everyone can get to know one another. A number of these events also are open to fellows’ children.
- Spouses and partners are eligible to take classes and attend fellowship seminars just as the fellows do. Fellows’ children can attend excellent Palo Alto-area schools and are included in some special fellowship social activities.
- Exposure to the incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that about 20 fellows from all over the world bring to the program.
- New friendships, professional connections and entrepreneurial skills that will continue beyond your 10 months with them.
John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships
450 Serra Mall
Building 120, Room 422
Stanford, CA 94305-2050