What is MEXT Scholarship Japan 2017?
MEXT Scholarship Japan 2017 aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the countries through study in Japan and to recruit aspiring to senior secondary school teachers of India to conduct research on Japanese education system for a period of 18 months starting from October 2017.
This scholarship is for the graduates of universities or teacher training schools and has worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools in their countries for 5 years and awarded up to 20 scholarships of 143000 yen per month.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Candidates, in principle, must be born on or after 2 April 1982.
- Candidates must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and has worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools in their home countries for five years in total as of 1 April 2017.
How can you apply ?
Application can be done by email with the following steps:
Step 1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Attach recommendation form, certificate of health, course guide.
Step 3: Email it.
Terms and Conditions
Documents to be attached:
- The documents must be written in Japanese or English, otherwise, translations in either of these languages should be attached. No application will be considered unless the application documents and all other necessary attached documents are fully and correctly completed:
- Application Form (1 original, 1 copy) photo attached
- Placement preference application form (1 original) photo attached, select three preferred universities at most from among the universities listed in the “Course Guide of Teacher Training Program” available at the Japanese missions and fill in the university names and course codes in the placement preference application form.
- Attach one photo each to the application form and the placement preference application form. The photos must have been taken within the past six months and be 4.5 x 3.5 centimetres in size. They must show the applicant full-face from the chest up and with no hat. Write name and nationality on the back of the photos; paper copies not accepted. It is acceptable to insert the photo data to the application data and print out each form. (However, do not print out the photo data by yourself and attach the paper copy to the Application Form.)
- Certified grade transcript for each academic year from the last university/ teacher training school attended (issued by that university) 1 original, 1 copy.
- The diploma from the last university/ teacher training school attended (1 original, 1 copy).
- Regarding the diploma, a photocopy thereof may be an acceptable substitute. However, this should be attested to by the school authority concerned.
- Certificate of employment (issued by the present employer) 1 original, 1 copy.
- Recommendation from the head of the department that the applicant belongs to (any form will be accepted) 2 original, 1 copy.
- Certificate of Health 1 original, 1 copy.
- If the applicant has qualifications concerning Japanese-language ability, documented proof of such qualifications (2 copies).