Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search, Kolkata invites application for senior talent search 2016.
JBNSTS was initiated to commemorate the Birth Centenary Celebration of India’s first modern scientist, Acharya J C Bose. The program was inaugurated by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It enjoys status of a special institution as declared by Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal.
Students who have passed 10+2 examination in 2016 and are aspiring to study Basic Sciences/Medicine /Engineering in West Bengal are eligible. Pass course and diploma course students are not eligible. However, final selection of scholar is subject to submission (in the month of September, 2016) of their proof of admission in the 1st year UG (Science/ Engg / Med) course in any institute of West Bengal. The test will be taken on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Life Science.
How to apply?
- Read the form carefully before filling up. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Candidate may apply online also through our website www.jbnsts.org.
- Along with the completely filled in application form, the following documents should be sent to JBNSTS office, 1300 Rajdanga Main Road, Kasba, Kolkata - 700 107, on or before 1st July, 2016.
- Three recent passport size photographs to be affixed in the boxes provided in the application form.
- Photocopy of the original marksheet of H.S. / 12th standard equivalent examination.
- Bank Draft of Rs.200/- (non-refundable) payable at Kolkata in favour of “Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search” as examination fee.
- Self addressed envelope with postal stamp of Rs.10/- (envelope size 20 cm x 12 cm) for sending Admit Card.
- Proof of 1st year admission (if available)
Benefits to Awardees:
- A scholarship of Rs. 1000/- p.m. till M.B.B.S. for the students of medicine and till B.E. / B.Tech for the students of engineering.
- The selected scholars from basic science shall automatically be entitled to the DST-INSPIRE scholarship of Rs. 80,000/- p.a. till M.Sc.
- Annual Book Grant of Rs. 1000/- p.a. for the scholars.
- Academic and Career Counseling.
- Participation in Seminars and Colloquia.
- Travel & Enrichment Programs.
- Project Work.
Best School Award:
Every year the school from where to the maximum number of awardees passed their higher secondary examination is declared as the "Best School". The award comes in the form of a Rotating Shield and a Library Grant of Rs 5000.
- Submit your application along with a draft of Rs.200/- drawn in favour of “Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search” payable at Kolkata by 10th July, 2016 at JBNSTS.
- Paste self attested photograph in three places.
- Registration No. will be filled by JBNSTS .
- Mention your home address (permanent & correspondence) and telephone number properly.
- Attach one self addressed stamped envelope of Rs.10/- (envelope size 20 cm x 12 cm) for sending Admit Card.
- If you do not receive your Admit Card by 10th July, 2016, contact JBNSTS office immediately (033 2442 8267).
- Enclose photocopy of your 10th standard or equivalent Marksheet and Admit Card.
- Enclose photocopy of your 1st year admission proof (photocopy of Fees Book/ Library Card / Identity Card) (if available).
Regulation at the examination centre:
- Candidates are required to take their allotted seats at least 15 minutes before the commencement of examination. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall until an hour has elapsed.
- The admit card is to be presented during the written examination for verification.
- Electronic gadgets including cell phones (excluding calculators) are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Candidates may answer either in Bengali or in English. Answers must be written in blue/ black ink. Sketch pen, pencil or ink of any other colour is not permitted.
- Adoption of any unfair means will cancel the applicants’ candidature. No representation will be entertained.