What is Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search Junior Scholarship Test (JBNSTS) 2016?
Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search, Kolkata invites application for junior talent search 2016.
JBNSTS was initiated to commemorate the Birth Centenary Celebration of India’s first modern scientist, Acharya J C Bose. The program was inaugurated by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It enjoys status of a special institution as declared by Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
Students who have passed 10th standard examination in 2016 with minimum 75% marks / equivalent C.G.P.A. (in aggregate) and currently studying in class 11 in science stream (with at least 3 subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, Computer Science) in any school in West Bengal.
How can you apply ?
- Read the form carefully before filling up. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Candidate may apply online also through website.
- Along with the completely filled in application form, the following documents should be sent to JBNSTS office, 1300 Rajdanga Main Road, Kasba, Kolkata - 700 107, on or before 1 st July, 2016.
- Three recent passport size photographs to be affixed in the boxes provided in the application form.
- Photocopy of the original admit card and marksheet of 10th standard or equivalent examination.
- Bank Draft of Rs.100/- (non-refundable) payable at Kolkata in favour of “Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search” as examination fee.
- Self addressed envelope with postal stamp of Rs.10/- (envelope size 20 cm x 12 cm) for sending Admit Card.
- Proof of class 11th standard admission (photocopy of Fees Book/ Library Card / Identity Card) LAST DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATION FORM AT JBNSTS OFFICE IS 1 st July, 2016
Terms and Conditions
Exam Date: July, 24, 2016 (Reporting Time: 11.30 am)
- Submit your application along with a draft of Rs.100/- drawn in favour of “Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search” payable at Kolkata by 1st July, 2016 at JBNSTS.
- Paste self attested photograph in three places.
- Registration No. will be filled by JBNSTS .
- Mention your home address (permanent & correspondence) and telephone number properly.
- Attach one self addressed stamped envelope of Rs.10/- (envelope size 20 cm x 12 cm) for sending Admit Card.
- If you do not receive your Admit Card by 10th July, 2016, contact JBNSTS office immediately (033 2442 8267).
- Enclose photocopy of your 10th standard or equivalent Marksheet and Admit Card.
- Enclose photocopy of your 11th standard admission proof (photocopy of Fees Book/ Library Card / Identity Card).
Regulation at the examination centre:
- Candidates are required to take their allotted seats at least 15 minutes before the commencement of examination. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall until an hour has elapsed.
- The admit card is to be presented during the written examination for verification.
- Electronic gadgets including cell phones and calculators are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Candidates may answer either in Bengali or in English. Answers must be written in blue/ black ink. Sketch pen, pencil or ink of any other colour is not permitted.
- Adoption of any unfair means will cancel the applicants’ candidature. No representation will be entertained.