What is Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, IIST Undergraduate Admission 2016?
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), a 'Deemed to be University' under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, established by the Department of Space (DOS), Government of india, offers undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post doctoral programmes in broad areas of space science, technology and applications.
Online registration will start from 8 June, 2016 for admission to the following undergraduate programmes for the academic year 2016-17.
- 4-Year B.Tech. ( Aerospace Engineering )
- 4-Year B.Tech. ( Avionics )
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.) The 5-year Dual Degree programme leads to B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and any of the following Post-Graduate degree specializations:
- M.S. (Astronomy & Astrophysics)
- M.S. (Earth System Science)
- M.S. (Solid State Physics)
- M.Tech. (Optical Engineering) (There is no exit option at the end of four years).
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to B.Tech. Programmes in IIST.
- Citizenship Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
- Date of Birth Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1991. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1986.
The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
- Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent) Candidates seeking admission to IIST should have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
- Marks scored in JEE(Advanced)-2016 Examination Candidates who are desirous to join B.Tech. Programmes in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2016 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2016 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2016 as given below
- General Candidates (GEN): At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) & Persons with Disabilities(PD) Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
In JEE-(Advanced)-2016, maximum mark for each subject is 124 and the aggregate is 372. Accordingly, the MINIMUM (cut-off) MARKS for each subject and the aggregate, which should be secured for eligibility to apply for Undergraduate admission-2016 in IIST is tabulated below:
More details of JEE (Main) – 2016 may be viewed at http://www.jeemain.nic.in
More details of JEE (Advanced) – 2016 may be viewed at http://www.jeeadv.ac.in
How can you apply ?
Read the eligibility criteria (Section 5) carefully before registering online for Admission.
- Visit the online application portal, click the link for undergraduate admission-2016 and fill in all the details in the online application form as per the instructions given there.
- After completing online registration, Download and Print the Challan ( or NRI Payment Form for NRI candidates) and remit the Registration Fee (See Section 8.1)
- Payment can be made at the Bank from the next working day (after the date of registration) 11:00 a.m. onwards.
- Enter the Bank Transaction Details by logging into the online application portal using your Registration Number and Password.
- Upload the scanned image in PDF/JPEG format of the Institute copy of the
- Challan countersigned and stamped (seal) by the Bank.
Terms and Conditions
Counselling and Admission Procedure
Only candidates who have applied online through the online application portal admission.iist.ac.in for undergraduate admission to IIST and made the payment in the Bank and uploaded the payment details and scanned image of challan (DD for NRI candidates) before the specified dates (given in Table below) will be considered for admission to IIST. These candidates will be ranked by IIST for all categories (GEN/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PD). A certain number of candidates from the top of each category-wise rank-list will be called for Admission counseling. The IIST admission rank list and the date/venues for the admission counselling will be published in our web site on 29th June 2016*.
- It is tentatively planned to conduct IIST admission counselling in four cities (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi).
- The eligible registered candidates who are desirous of getting admission in IIST have to be physically present during the counselling at any of the centres, with all the original documents/certificates and must be accompanied by one of the parents.
- During the counselling, the candidates will have to give their preference/choice(s) of branch of study in their order of preference in writing, which CANNOT be changed later.
- During the counselling, ‘confirmed Seat’ will be allotted to the eligible candidates in the order of their JEE (Main) All India Rank-2016. Those who accept a ‘confirmed seat’ offered to them should surrender their original certificates at the counselling centre. If the confirmed seat is not his/or first preference/choice, he will also be given a wait-list number(s) for his higher preferred branch(es).
- After filling all the available seats, the remaining candidates who reported at the counselling venue will find their names included in the ‘Wait-List’ in their respective category and choice of branch. This Wait-List will be published online in the IIST admission website, within two days after the counselling.
- The vacancies arising subsequently due to any forfeiture of the allotted confirmed seats will be filled by operating the above Wait-List at regular intervals and notifying the same in the IIST Admission website. More dates/details of this process of wait-list movement will be announced at the time of publication of IIST Admission rank list on 29th June 2016*.
- During the wait-list movement, if a candidate does not accept (within the specified time interval) any confirmed seat offered to him/her in a branch of his/her any preference/choice made at the time of counselling, he/she will NOT be considered further for admission to any branch/seat.
Online registration of application opens on
|8 June,2016 (10 a.m.)
|Online registration of application closes on
||*24 June, 2016 (11:00 p.m.)
|Last date for remitting Registration fee in Bank
||27 June 2016
|Last date for entering payment details by the candidate in the online application portal
||27 June 2016
|Last date of uploading the scanned image (PDF/JPEG) of the Institute copy of Challan (with Bank signature and Seal)
||27 June 2016
|For NRI Candidates only:
Last date for updating payment details and uploading the scanned image (PDF/JPEG) of the Demand Draft:
|27 June 2016
|Last date of receipt of Demand Draft at IIST by POST
||28 June 2016
|Publication of IIST Admission Rank list and details of the Admission Counselling date/venue:
||*29 June 2016
|*The dates are subject to change, if there is a delay in publication of JEE(Main) All-India Rank list-2016 by CBSE. Any change in the above mentioned dates will be indicated in the IIST Admission website. No separate information of any change of date will be sent to any candidates.