INDIAFRICA Photography Contest 2012-13
Deadline and B4S ID
|Total SMS Send||0|
Contest theme: Communities in India and Africa
Identify communities around you that makes your society exciting, vibrant and colourful. Click pictures that best represent the essence of these communities. We invite you to present the unknown and unseen facets of these communities in India and Africa to the fast growing INDIAFRICA community.
A community could be:
• A group of people living together in one place, esp. one practicing common ownership e.g. a community of performing artists or theatre group, or an artist’s village.
• All the people living in a particular area or place e.g. local communities.
• A particular area or place considered together with its inhabitants e.g. a rural community.
• People of a district or country considered collectively, esp. in the context of social values and responsibilities
• Denoting a worker or resource designed to serve the people of a particular area e.g. community health services.
• A group of people having a religion, race, profession, or other particular characteristic in common e.g. The Maasai Tribe or a Community of Students or a Community of Professionals.
• A body of nations or states unified by common interests e.g. The African Economic Community.
• A feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals: the sense of community e.g. a local cultural performance, marriage or a local get-together.
• A joint ownership or liability e.g. a shared farming community. Your image should ideally reflect the spirit of collaboration, cooperation and caring that forms the basis of communities.
Open to all Indian and African citizens of all age groups.
• Twenty prizes of INR 25000* each
• Certificates for all winners
• INDIAFRICA merchandise for all winners
Rules oF PARtICIPAtIon
• Entry to the contest is open to both amateurs and professionals.
• There is no age limit for the participants.
• Participation is open to individuals only.
• There is no fixed matrix or judging criteria. All entries will be judged individually and the winners will be selected by consensus of the Jury.
• The submissions must be in .jpeg format. The file size of each entry must not be more than 10 MB.
• The photographs can be in horizontal or vertical formats, though a horizontal format is preferred.
• The submitted work must not contain material(s) offensive to any particular community, group, individual or institution.
• Photo-editing can only be done to the extent of cropping, minor colour correction and tinting. Stitched panoramas are acceptable only if all parts are photographed at the same time. Any of the allowed alterations, once made, must be clearly mentioned at the time of submission.
• Photographs previously published in any media or entered for any award will be disqualified.
• Submitted entries should not have been previously published.
• Submitted entries that have previously been awarded at other competitions will not be considered eligible for entry and will face immediate disqualification.
• The entry should be submitted to email@example.com latest by 07 April 2013, 2300 hrs IST .
• Can also be mailed to INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future Ideaworks Design & Strategy Pvt Ltd 609, Block-C, 6th Floor Nirvana Courtyard South City-2, Sector-50 Gurgaon, Haryana, Pin-122018, India, Phone: +91 124 425 3501
• The submission should contain the candidate’s
~ Full Name
~ e-mail address
~ Contact no.
~ City, Country and Region
~ Date of birth (date-month-year)
~ Institution / Organization
~ Brief description of the entry For queries please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RIGhts AnD RePRoDuCtIon
• Any moral and paternity right regarding the project sent in for the contest is the photographer’s property. However, by submitting a photograph in the competition, the participant agrees to give INDIAFRICA:
A Shared Future the first right of refusal to the exclusive use of the picture. This option is valid until 31 July 2014.
• All participants agree to allow their entries to be published or showcased by INDIAFRICA. INDIAFRICA retains the right to publish the submissions and information associated with them and the participants in all communication exercises for INDIAFRICA campaigns.
• INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future or any employee or agent of INDIAFRICA will NOT be liable for:
(a) any costs incurred/loss/liability suffered by participants in relation to the program
(b) any lost expectation of profits by participant
(c) any failure by participant to understand their rights in relation to Intellectual Property, or the rights of The Organizers in relation to Intellectual Property
(d) any other benefit applicants may expect to gain by participating in the program.
• INDIAFRICA: A Shared Future may change the Terms and Conditions of participation at any time without specific notice. The amended Terms and Conditions of Entry will be effective immediately upon being posted on www.indiafrica.in and Facebook page. Important changes to the Terms and Conditions will be highlighted in www. indiafrica.in for your convenience; however, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to regularly visit the website and Facebook page to read any changes to the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
• Disputes, if any, are subject to the jurisdiction in the courts of Delhi, India only.
• Registrations open
• Submissions close on 07 April, 2013, 2300 hrs IST
DeClARAtIon oF Results
• Winners will be announced on 19 May 2013 seleCtIon CRIteRIA
• The picture will be judged on the relevance and the quality of perspective presented within the context of the contest theme.
National Institute of Design (nID), Ahmedabad, India NID is India’s leading design school. It functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. NID is recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) under Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, as a scientific and industrial design research organisation. BusinessWeek has ranked NID in its list of top design schools in the world. It has been ranked as the top design institute in India. www.nid.edu udaan school of Photography, mumbai, India Udaan is an independent school of photography based in Mumbai. The courses in Udaan have been designed to meet the needs of photography-enthusiasts at different levels of learning and expertise – from those who are interested in shooting good family photographs or landscapes to cutting-edge, world-class professionals. As a first of its kind, Udaan allows students of its weekendclasses to customise and make their own courses, as per their needs. Udaan caters to both photojournalists and commercial photographers, with its knowledge-intensive specialisation courses, designed meticulously by masters in the field. www.udaan.org.in
Get this scholarship on your mobile
BUDDY GET IPC149 to 9220092200
Apply- Online. Post, Email