MyGov is organizing a competition (the "Contest") for creation/ development of a Mobile Application ("App") for the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
There are three phases in the contest:
- Phase 1 - the Idea Submission Phase
- Phase 2 - the Wireframe Development Phase
- Phase 3 – the App Development Phase
Last Date of Submission for Phase 1 is 23rd March, 2015 by 5:00 PM IST.
- Idea Phase (Phase-I): Ideas selected by the jury will win an Android One device from Google and a Certificate of Appreciation from MyGov.
- Wireframe development phase (Phase-II): The top 5 shortlisted teams will get Certificate of Appreciation from MyGov and an opportunity to be mentored by Google to build the mobile app.
- App Development phase (Phase-III): The winning team will get a Sponsored trip to the Unites States of America to meet a team of Google Developers,subject to Terms and Conditions.
How to apply?
Procedure for Participation
- All participant(s) must register on the Contest page on MyGov (https://mygov.in) to submit their entries. The last date for submission of entries for Idea Phase is 12th March2015 23rd March 2015 by 5:00 PM IST.
- The ideation phase (Phase 1) can only have individual entries, while the Wireframe Development Phase (Phase 2) and the App Development Phase (Phase 3) would be team based contests, wherein each participating team ("Team") shall consist of a minimum of three (3) members and maximum of six (6) members.
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 are independent of each other and individuals participating in Phase 1 may also participate in Phase 2. Individuals who have not participated in Phase 1 can participate in Phase 2 as part of a Team.
- All entrants must be aged 18 years and above.
- Employees or close family members of the employees of DeitY, MyGov and NIC or the individual or organization involved in organizing the Contest would NOT be eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Once an entry is submitted, no changes/ revisions would be permitted.
- In Phase 1, the idea should be submitted under any one or more of thef ollowing 3 categories by Hash-tagging: (a) Information, (b) Broadcast, (c) Interaction. Ideas submitted without Hash-tagging will not be considered for shortlisting.
Conditions for Phase 2 and 3
- Registration for Phase 2 and Phase 3 would be common and there would not be any separate registration for Phase 3. Teams which qualify in Phase 2 will automatically move to Phase 3.
- Teams of size 3 - 6 (with nominated members) once registered on the portal will be final and no change in team composition would be allowed at a later stage. A member of one team cannot be a member in any other team.
- Only a single account is permitted for an individual or a team. If more than one account exists for the same candidate(s) then it will automatically result in disqualification of the candidate(s).
- Each team should have a Team Name and a Team Leader (required at the time of team registration). Each team member should give his / her consent for joining the team by logging into his/her MyGov account after registration.
- One team can submit only one entry and the entry must be submitted by the nominated Team Leader.
- The Design Sprint registrations would be on first-come-first-serve basis.
PMO App Idea Submission Clusters
When a user lands on the MyGov Contest page, he is first prompted to vote on an idea, and then submit an idea if already not submitted. While submitting an idea, the user needs to use a hashtag to indicate the category under which the idea comes.
Other users can click on a particular hashtag to see all ideas under that hashtag/category.
The three categories are:-
1. Information: What information would you like to know about the Prime Minister and Prime Minister’s Officer readily? Examples include:
- Profile of the Prime Minister
- Cabinet Ministers and Portfolios
2. Interaction: Interact with the Prime Minister and help the Prime Minister interact with you. Ideas relating to interaction can include:
- Send a message or idea to the Prime Minister
- Pledge support to a campaign e.g. Swacch Bharat Abhiyan cleaning selfie upload
- Donate to the Prime Minister’s relief fund
3. Broadcast: Stay updated on the latest with the Prime Minister and the Prime Minister’s Office, These ideas involve daily updates that you as a user would like to get. Examples include:
- Weekly address to the Nation on different issues on YouTube through the app
- Speeches made by the Prime Minister can be sent as a push notification to watch live on the app
Declaration by Participants
Participants must declare the intended licensing of the App at the time of the submission of the final App:
- The IPR of the App would be owned by The Government of India.
- The winning App must be maintained in working condition by the team for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of launch. All bugs identified should be removed by the team.
- If any participant and / or team is determined to have violated the terms of the contest, MyGov will have the right to disqualify the participants and or team without any notice.
- The winner(s) would have no objection to sharing of their contact details with Google India Pvt. Ltd. for the purpose of participation in design sprints and availing the prizes from Google.
PMO Mobile App Contest – Terms and Conditions
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by, and are deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- Government of India (GoI) will have the copyright on all the entries submitted. The Participant(s) agree(s) to transfer the intellectual property rights to GoI.
- The Participant(s) represent(s) and warrant(s) that he/ she will comply with all applicable Indianlaws. The Participant(s) shall not disclose and/ or use any information, if doing so is in violation of an obligation of antitrust law and/ or confidentiality.
- GoI reserves the right to reject any entry based on its discretion.
- By registering for participation in the Contest the Participant(s) warrant:
- that they have complied with these Entry conditions;
- that their entry is original;
- that their entry does not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party;
- that any current employer and/ or learning institution which the entrant is employed by or enrolled with would have no claim on the entry developed and submitted.
- The results of the Contest would be declared on MyGov portal.
- The Government of India (GoI) reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the competition and/ or the rules without notice for any event that is within the reasonable control of GoI.
- Any changes to the rules, or cancellation of the competition, will be posted on the Contest page on MyGov portal. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the rules.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- The Government of India (GoI) accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or injury of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- The teams registered for wireframe development will not have any objection to sharing of their contact details with Google India Pvt. Ltd. for the purpose of availing the prizes from Google.
- The Government of India will not be held responsible if the participants/ teams are not able to upload their entries on MyGov portal before the last date of submission for any reason whatsoever.
Terms and Conditions for the Winning Team
- The winning team will be entitled to a Google sponsored trip to USA.
- This prize is non transferrable. In case any member of the winning team is unable to travel, he/ she will not be compensated for the same in cash or in kind.
- The tentative travel dates will be updated on the website in due course and are subject to change without prior notification.
- The responsibility of the visa application and processing fee including travel insurance will be borne by members of the winning team. Google will not reimburse these costs.
- The trip will only cover air tickets and stay. No per diem or cash will be given. Any miscellaneous expense incurred by the winning team will be at their own cost and will not be reimbursable.
- The travel dates to the US will be fixed and no requests for changes in the itinerary will be entertained. Additional expenses for extension of the stay in the US or any stop-over(s) at any destination will have to be borne by the winning team.