Add to Favorites
J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2018-19
DLF Foundation Scholarship (AKANKSHA) 2017
Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
HSEE-2015 JEE Office,
IIT Madras Chennai- 600 036.
Telephone: 044 - 2257 8220
Fax: 2257 8224
Web Page: http://hsee.iitm.ac.in
Excellence in higher education in the humanities and social sciences is evidently of growing importance around the world. By imparting quality education through this programme the Institute aims at producing well-rounded individuals with sound training in the humanities and social sciences to answer the needs of universities, research institutes and commercial and public sector enterprises. The programme draws its strength from the unique mix of streams.
1 Qualifying Examination (QE):
Candidates applying for HSEE-2016 must have passed for the first time in 2015 or should be appearing in 2016 in any one of the following qualifying examinations (QE):
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
• Senior SecondarySchool Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• H.S.C. vocational examination.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian 11 Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination. In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
2 Percentage of Marks in QE:
The candidates belonging to the general category and OBC category must secure a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in the QE. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% in aggregate in the QE. In case where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
3 Date of Birth:
Candidate, whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991, is eligible for HSEE-2016. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to these categories / sub-categories born on or after October 01, 1986 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std. / 12th Std.) first Board / Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a scanned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as a proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
4 Physical Fitness:
Every qualified candidate will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available along with the letter of offer of admission. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the Institute.
5 Important Notes:
i. Admission to a candidate will stand cancelled, if the proof of having passed the QE, as per the eligibility criteria specified in Section 13.2, is not submitted to the Institute latest by September 30, 2016.
ii. Admissions are subject to verification of facts from the original certificates / documents of the candidates. If an applicant is found ineligible at a later date even after admission, his/her admission will be cancelled. The decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
iii. A candidate must satisfy all the aforesaid eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for appearing in HSEE-2016 / admission.
Application can be done online only.
Online Application process (HSEE website) Starts- December 16, 2015
Payment of examination fee through Indian Bank challan /Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card Starts- December 16, 2015
Payment of examination fee through Indian Bank challan / Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card Ends-January 25, 2016
Last date for submission of online application- January 25, 2016
Last date for submission of hard copy of the self-attested certificate of respective category [OBC(NCL) / SC / ST] /Medical Certificate (PwD) as applicable from the candidate
by registered or speed post- January 25, 2016
Application status check on the website- February 16, 2016
Admit Card availability for download from the HSEE website by candidates Starts- March 14, 2016
Admit Card availability for download from the HSEE website by candidate Ends- April 16, 2016
HSEE-2016 Examination- April 17, 2016
Declaration of result on HSEE website- May 11, 2016
Offer Letters to Candidates Starts- May 12, 2016