What is HIPA The Moment Photography Contest 2017-18?
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) has announced The Moment Photography Contest 2017-18 for photographers from all around the world. A new category 'Time-lapse' has been introduced in this season.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Photographers must be of age 18 years and over at the time of submission of their entries.
How can you apply ?
Step 1: Visit official site to apply.
Step 2: Fill in all the necessary details.
Step 3: Attach all the required documents.
Step 4: Finally, submit the application form.
What is HIPA?
The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) is an international photography award established in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, in order to encourage and spread the culture of photography across the world.
Who can participate in the competition?
We encourage all individuals over the age of 18 from all over the world to participate.
What are the fees involved in the competition?
There are no fees whatsoever and the competition is completely free of cost.
For more FAQs visit here
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates may submit up to one photo in each category of the competition including the subcategories under the General category. Except for the Portfolio category where they can submit between 5 – 10 photographs, and the ‘Time-lapse: Video' category where they are allowed to enter one video submission in the category. Candidate must provide a title and description for each photograph submitted including ones in the Portfolio category.
- The same photo must not be submitted in more than one category. Any photo submitted in more than one category will be discarded from the competition.
- Submitted photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi to be suitable for publication.
- In the ‘Time-lapse: Video’ category, the accepted video format is MP4, not exceeding 300 MB in size and must be between 30 - 60 seconds in length.
- The video should be a high-quality HD quality 1920 X 1080 with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The format must be MP4 H264 and 25 fps.
- Candidates are kindly requested to upload the original photograph (RAW) or the photograph without any editing on the time of submitting the photograph to the contest. This does not apply to the ‘Time-lapse’ category which may require them to send over some original frames of the video at a later date.
- Black and white photographs are permitted in all the categories of the Competition except for the Color subcategory under the General category.
- For the Portfolio category, candidates are requested to submit a series of photographs on the same subject matter. The number of permitted photographs is minimum 5 and maximum 10 photographs.
- All submitted Photos/ Video(s) must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the participant. Basic technical editing of the photo(s)/ video(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, including compositing and creative retouching of the photo(s)/ video(s), is prohibited. HIPA preserves the right to assess and discard from the competition any submitted photo(s)/ video(s) deemed, at HIPA's own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photos/ Video(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including nudity, violence and/or any other content deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
- Photo(s)/ Video(s) that have won any previous award(s), whether in any HIPA prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st October 2017, and/or Photos that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s)/ Video(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice discarded from the entire Competition.
GRAND PRIZE is Dollar 120,000. For more prize details, visit here
- HIPA's appointed judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos/ Video(s). The results, prizes, and the winners will be announced in a public ceremony that will be held on March 2018.
- The winner(s) will be contacted by HIPA and must provide HIPA with their bank account details and personal details within 7 days from HIPA's request. The cash money prize(s) will be received by each winner within a period of two (2) months following the announcement of the Competition's results.
- HIPA’s judging panel has the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Photo(s)/ Video(s) or Submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
- Any federal, state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to you under the Competition will be solely paid by you.
- The decision of HIPA's judging panel is final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Competition.
For more details, visit here