The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2018 has been announced by the University of Cambridge, for intellectually outstanding postgraduate students with a capacity for leadership and a commitment to improve the lives of others. Gates Cambridge Scholars come from over 100 countries and 600 universities across the globe.
The applicants can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if they are:
- A citizen of any country outside the UK
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Ph.D. (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Click on the official link.
Step 2: Register as a new user.
Step 3: Fill in all the necessary details.
Step 4: Attach all the required documents.
Step 5: Finally submit the application form.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most generous international scholarships available. It covers the following costs:
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£14,900 for 12 months at the 2017-18 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding - from £500 to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance - up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2016-17 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork - you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other field work costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding - for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding - should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for Ph.D. Scholars may be provided**
For any query, visit here.
No documents available.