The Foundation for Excellence provides financial and other assistance to students for their higher education in India. Assistance is available to any qualified student, irrespective of the applicant's caste, community, gender or religion. To qualify for a scholarship, an applicant must be studying in a course approved by the Foundation and meet specified eligibility criteria.
The primary focus of the Scholarship Program is to assist students for studies in professional courses leading to degrees in engineering, technology, or medicine.
Students are eligible to apply for a scholarship only when they are in the first year of a professional degree course in engineering, technology or medicine. To qualify for a scholarship, applicants must meet certain academic excellence and family income requirements.
Academic Eligibility Criteria
The academic eligibility criteria for professional courses in engineering, technology and medicine are:
- Only the professional degree courses BE/B Tech, Integrated 5-Yr Dual-Degree M Tech and MBBS are eligible for scholarships. Diploma students admitted to BE, B Tech courses on a lateral basis, B Arch, BDS & B Pharma students are not eligible.
- Only first year applicants beginning their studies in BE, B Tech, Integrated 5-Yr Dual-Degree M Tech or MBBS in the academic year 2016-17 are eligible.
- The applicants should have passed their Higher Secondary/Pre-University/Intermediate/ CBSE/ISC or equivalent board qualifying examination not earlier than in 2015.
- The applicants should have scored not less than 70% marks at the qualifying examination.
- The applicants' admissions to their professional degree courses/institutions should be on the basis of the open/general merit rank awarded to them at the state or national level entrance tests or through a counseling process conducted at the state level (as in the case of Tamil Nadu).
HOW TO APPLY
Application can be done online only. The link for the application form has been provided.
Financial Support for those who need it the most
- The gross family income criteria is Rs. 1,80,000 per year. Gross income refers to the income before deductions for taxes or other purposes.
- In addition to gross family income, the education and occupation of parents as well as family members including elder brother(s) and sister(s), the family's living conditions and the total expenses being incurred by the family on the applicant's education will be taken into consideration for determining the financial eligibilityof an applicant.
- Applicants who are the first graduates of the family will be preferred over applicants who are the second or third child of the family taking up graduation.
- Where parents of applicants are employees, a salary/pay slip from the employer is mandatory. The salary/pay slip should clearly show the family member's gross monthly salary with full details of his/her basic salary and all allowances and deductions. The employer and the facilitator should certify the salary/pay slip. Submission of an Income certificate from a local or other government authority in lieu of a salary/pay slip is not acceptable.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are retirees/pensioners, a pension statement from the pension authority and/or from an authorized bank showing the gross monthly pension of the family member, inclusive of any supplementary allowances and before any deductions is required. Pensioners should also provide documents to show the official status or designation, gross salary drawn at the time of retirement and the name of the employing organization. If the parent/guardian has recently retired under a voluntary retirement scheme, reasons for retirement, and amount of lump sum benefits received on retirement should be disclosed.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are in business or self-employed, income certificate issued by any government authority or the income tax return should be submitted in support of the gross family income specified in the application. Specific details of the nature and size of the business or self-employment should also be provided.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are agriculturists or have farming or cultivation as their source of income, an income certificate from a recognized or competent authority should be submitted. Details of the nature and size of the land holding, crops grown, etc. wet or dry land irrigation should also be provided.
No documents available.