What is Fifth Annual World Oceans Day Photo Competition 2018?
Fifth Annual World Oceans Day Photo Competition 2018 invites entries from skillful photographers to share the importance and beauty of the ocean through their photographs. The key objective of this competition is to raise a global awareness about the current challenges in connection with the oceans faced by the international community and indulge them to be a part of the solutions.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The competition is being jointly organized by the Division for Ocean Affair and the Law of the Sea (DOALOS), Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations, the World Ocean Network, the Dive Photo Guide (DPG), the World Festival of Underwater Pictures and the IAEA OA-ICC.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
Any skilful photographer can send his/her entries in the competition.
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can send their entries online through following steps -
: Log in
using registered email id and password.
Step 4: Fill in all required details.
Step 5: Upload the entries (maximum 3 per applicant).
Step 6: Finally submit.
What are the benefits ?
- The winners will be recognized at the United Nations' event on World Oceans Day to be held on 8 June 2018.
- The diffusion and recognition of the finalists and the winning images will also receive widespread exposure throughout the media, information material and contest websites.
- The winning image will also be printed for exhibition around the world.
Terms and Conditions
- The contest will be open under six thematic categories including -
- Underwater seascapes
- Underwater life
- Above water seascapes
- Human interaction: Making a difference
- Clean our Ocean
- Youth (for applicants below 16 years of age as on 1 April 2018).
- All entries submitted must portray a positive theme.
- Photographs can be taken from a camera, film (as scanned slides) or digital.
- All entries will be strictly observed in terms of conservation rules.
- Images that have already won or place in a photo contest should not be submitted.
- All entries must be submitted in JPEG format with size ranging between 2000 and 6000 pixels in the longest dimension.
- The size of image file should not exceed 5 MB (5000 KB).
- An applicant can submit only one image in one category. However, a total of up to 3 images can be submitted in different categories.
To know more, click here.