Add to Favorite
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Tripura 2017
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles 2017
Torrens University International Scholarship 2018
INSEAD PhD Fellowships 2018-19
Technical help while filling online form: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other query: email@example.com
The University Grants Commission floated the Scheme of “Emeritus Fellowship” in order to provide an opportunity to the superannuated teachers who have been actively engaged in research and teaching programmes in the preceding years to undertake research, without any restriction of position or pay scales.
To provide an opportunity to superannuated teachers to pursue active research in their respective field of specialization in Indian Universities/Colleges/ Institutions as indicated below:
i) Universities/Institutions/Colleges under section 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act, 1956.
ii) Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 which are eligible to receive grant in aid from UGC.
iii) Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central/ State Govt.
iv) Institutes of National Importance.
Target Group: Highly qualified and experienced, superannuated teachers of recognized universities/ colleges/institutions.
Eligibility: The eligibility will be based on the quality of research and published work contributed by the teacher in his/her service career. The awardee (superannuated) can work under this scheme with a well defined time bound action plan upto the age of 70 years or upto two years (non-extendable) of the award whichever is earlier. Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per the Govt. of India norms.
Application can be done online only.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme :
The number of slots available under the scheme is 100 for Science streams and 100 for Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages (total 200 slots) at any one given time basis. The assistance available under the scheme is:
1. Honorarium of Rs. 31,000/- p.m. for two years (non-extendable)
* The revised rate of honorarium is applicable w.e.f. 01.12.2014.
2. Contingency grant (non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- p.a. towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments. However, books, journals and equipments etc. procured out of the contingency grant will be the property of the university/college/institute.
3. Foreign visit in connection with the approved research work of the awardee will be limited to once in a year with the prior approval/no-objection of the Institution/University where the project work is being undertaken alongwith that of UGC. This will be further subject to no financial liability on the part of UGC.
4. The expenditure would be accounted for audit by the university department concerned like any other departmental expenditure. The Emeritus Fellow would be entitled to such other privileges including medical facilities as available to the university faculty members, but not housing.