What is Dr. Devangana Desai Endowment Scholarships 2018-19?
Dr. Devangana Desai Endowment Scholarships 2018-19 invites applications from Postgraduates, PhD scholars, Postdoctoral scholars and Senior Researchers for Junior and Senior level endowment scholarships. The key objective of the scholarship is to support research in the fields of medieval, ancient and pre-modern art, architecture, archaeology, history and culture of India.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai formerly Prince of Wales Museum of Western India.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
For Junior Scholarship
An applicant must -
- Have completed a postgraduate degree from a recognised university/institution
- Be of 23 to 40 years of age
For Senior Scholarship
An applicant must -
- Be a well-established professional with a minimum experience of eight years in the field
- Have proven publication record
- Be awarded a PhD degree
- Be above 40 years of age
How can you apply ?
The eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship both online and offline through following steps -
Step 2: Fill in all required details.
Step 3: Send the scanned copy of the completed application form by email to email@example.com
Step 4: Also, send all the supporting documents by post to below-given address -
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya,
159-161 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400023.
What are the benefits ?
- The students selected under junior level scholarship will receive an endowment amount of INR 1,50,000 that also includes the travel allowances.
- The students selected under senior level scholarship will receive an endowment amount of INR 2,50,000 that also includes the travel allowances.
What are the selection criteria ?
A total of 8 to 10 applicants will be shortlisted for the scholarship out of the total number of applicants. The selection of the candidates will be entirely based on their performance in the formal interview.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is tenable for 12 months only starting from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
- The selected scholars will get the access to CSMVS collection, the Museum Art Conservation Centre, CSMVS Archives and the Research Library subject to prior permissions.
What are the documents required for the Dr. Devangana Desai Endowment Scholarships 2018-19 ?
- An updated CV/resume of the applicant
- Research/project proposal, in not more than 1000 words written in double-spaced and 12 point type.
- Two recommendations including one professional and one academic.
- Evidence of applicant's ability to produce quality work
- The depth and range of applicant's experience and knowledge about the topic