Add to Favorites
J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2018-19
DLF Foundation Scholarship (AKANKSHA) 2017
Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
The National Institute of Design R&D Campus better known as NID - Bangalore Campus is India's premier design institute located in Bengaluru, in Karnataka. The R&D campus specializes in Research and Development activities related to design and is one of the three campuses that is part of the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad. NID is recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research under Ministry of Science and Technology, government of India, as a scientific and industrial design research organisation.
The campus currently offers three post graduate design courses; two IT related and one Retail related.
Bachelor of Design
All candidates applying for Bachelor of Design programmes must fulfil the following criteria:
CRITERION 1 - AGE LIMIT
- Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years of age (relaxable by three years for reserved category) on or before July 1, 2016.
- General Category applicants: Candidates born on or before July 1, 1996 are not eligible.
- Reserved Category applicants (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH): Candidates born on or before July 1, 1993 are not eligible
CRITERION 2 - EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Applications for Academic Year 2016-17 is open to applicants who have passed or will appear for the qualifying examinations under the higher secondary (10+2) from any recognized Board of Education such as AISSCE/IB/ICSE, or equivalents, during the academic year 2015-16.
Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII are:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
Master of Design
All candidates applying for Master of Design programmes must fulfil the following criteria:
CRITERION 1 - AGE LIMIT
- Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years of age (relaxable by three years for reserved category) on or before July 1, 2016.
- General category applicants: Candidates born before on or before July 1, 1986 are not eligible.
- Reserved category applicants (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH): Candidates born on or before July 1, 1983 are not eligible.
CRITERION 2 - EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Applications for Academic Year 2016-17 is open to applicants who have successfully passed any one of the following qualifying exams in 2015:
- Bachelors degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 (or more) system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India.
- Bachelors degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India, with a one year experience or further academic qualifications.
- Diploma in Design under the 10+2+4 system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India.
Please Note: In case Degree/Certificate has been obtained from some University/Board of any other country, then the candidate must obtain an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, www.aiuweb.org prior to admission.
a) Read and apprise yourself with the information on eligibility criteria, number of seats, test centres, reservation policy and other relevant information related to admissions to B.Des. and M.Des. programmes at NID in the Admissions Information booklet available on the website.
b) Relevant information related to admissions to GDPD programme at NID Vijayawada is provided in the prospectus of NID Vijayawada, download from this website.
c) Please Note: The Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is common for applicants for both B.Des. (at Ahmedabad) and GDPD (at Vijayawada).
Step 1: Sign up
a) Register / signup online at http://admissions.nid.edu by filling in the required details.
b) Please ensure that the email id and mobile number you provide should be valid for atleast one year.
c) Login to your account using the email id and date of birth provided during signup.
Step 2: Fill Application Form
a) Login and proceed to Step 2 – Application Form.
b) For applicants applying to undergraduate programmes, Please make a choice for the specific programme – (i) only B.Des. (ii) only GDPD (iii) both B.Des. and GDPD. Please note that once the payment formalities are completed, this choice cannot be altered..
c) Fill all the required details in the application form.
d) ‘Save & Exit’. You can always login at a later time and continue to complete the application process.
e) If you have your scanned photograph and signature as per the instructions, then Go to ‘Save & Proceed’ to ‘Upload Document Section’.
Step 3: Upload Photograph & Signature
a) Upload scanned photograph as per the instructions. It should be in JPEG format only not exceeding 100 kb size. Browse / choose your scanned photograph from your computer and click on ‘Upload’.
b) Upload scanned signature as per the instructions. It should be in JPEG format only not exceeding 100 kb size. Browse / choose your scanned signature from your computer and click on ‘Upload’.
c) After uploading scanned photograph and signature, Save your application OR click on ‘Save & Proceed’ to Payment section.
Step 4: Pay application fee & Print
a) Select mode of payment to pay the application fees online by Credit / Debit Card or offline by Demand Draft and submit the required details.
b) After verifying the details submitted you can proceed to make payment. c) Note: After making the payment of application fees, you will not be able modify / edit any information provided during the submission of application form.
d) After making payment successfully, you will be redirected to the Print section. You can take a print of the application form submitted for your reference or save it as PDF file.
e) If you are making payment by demand draft, you must complete the process of online submission of application form before 27 November, 2015.
f) Then, to complete the application process, you must send the demand draft and a printout of your application form in a single envelope, so as to reach the following address before 11 December, 2015
The Project Manager – CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 14,
Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi 110 003
|Programme||General Category||OBC-NCL / SC / ST / PwD||Overseas (supernumerary)|
|Only B.Des.||Rs. 1500||Rs. 750||USD 30|
|Only GDPD||Rs. 1500||Rs. 750||USD 30|
|Both B.Des. and GDPD||Rs. 3000||Rs. 1500||USD 60|
|M.Des. One (1) discipline only||Rs. 1500||Rs. 750||USD 30|
|M.Des. Two (2) discipline only||Rs. 3000||Rs. 1500||USD 60|
- The above fees are applicable to both B.Des., M.Des and GDPD applicants, belonging to either of the three genders. NOTE: As per latest order of Supreme Court of India, third gender includes only trans-genders, eunuchs and hijras. Lesbians, gays and bisexuals need to select either Male or Female option as appropriate.
- Application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
- The Application fees paid online (by debit/credit card) DOES NOT INCLUDE any bank / transaction charges, and the same, as applicable, will be borne by the applicant.
All candidates applying for B.Des., GDPD and M.Des. programmes and having made the necessary payment for registration online will be called for the Design Aptitude Test.
There will be ONE question paper of 3 hours duration.
The question paper will be in English.
The question paper will carry a total of 100 marks.
The question paper will consist of both objective and subjective type questions.
Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) from 10am to 1pm on Sunday, January 10, 2016. Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for Master of Design (M.Des.) from 10am to 1pm on Sunday, January 10, 2016.
Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for Graduate Programme in Design (GDPD) for NID Vijayawada from 10am to 1pm on Sunday, January 10, 2016.