What is CSIR-NEIST Golden Jubilee Scholarship, North East 2016?
The CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST), Jorhat, has instituted a Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme for the students of North E Region for study at Bachelor Degree programme in natural/ basic sciences at B.Sc., B.Sc (Hons), integrated M.Sc./MS programs in any one of the recognized institutions in India. It is expected that through this scheme the students will be enthused to take science as their career. During the course, opportunity will be provided for a training / Project work in any CSIR Laboratory of India for a maximum period of six months. However, this scholarship does not confer any right on the selected student for regularization or absorption in any office of CSIR.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- This scholarship is for students of North East states of India.
- The students must have obtained minimum 70% marks (or 7 in 10 scales) in 10+2 examination in the year 2016.
- Student must be admitted to a basic science course at degree level.
- Only the scholarship holder will be eligible for availing the training stipend.
- Economically weak students will be given preference.
How can you apply ?
Form hould be filled and sent by post only. No online applicaton can be filled.
- Application completely filled in the prescribed format and necessary documents attached should be submitted by the end of August every year.
- Application received during the prescribed date will be evaluated and short listed by the Award Evaluation Committee by the end of August every year.
- Short listed candidates will be screened in order of merit. If there are many candidates having same score, the selection will be based on the personal interview.
- Announcement of the selected students, eligible for the scholarship, will be declared on 26 September and he/ she will be communicated in the first week of September every year.
- Second class train or bus fare (to & fro) will be provided for appearing in the personal interview, wherever applicable.
- Second class train or bus fare (to & fro) will be provided for attending the award ceremony at CSIR-NEIST.
Terms and Conditions
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS:
Duly filled application forms along with the required documents in a sealed cover should be sent by Speed post or Registered post only at the address given below on or before 12 September 2016.
Head, Research Planning and Business Development (RPBD) Division,
CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat-785006, Assam
(a) The selected student who accepts this scholarship will not be permitted to avail any other scholarship / concession provided by any other agencies nor permitted to accept any part-time employment.
(b) The scholarship will be terminated without notice:-
- From the date when the scholar fails to score the desired percentage of marks or on the date of expiry of the sanction of the scholarship whichever is earlier.
- If the scholar is dropped by the institution due to any reason or non fulfillment of Clause VII (c).
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- The selected students will be eligible to receive the scholarship and stipend from the date of joining the undergraduate/ integrated course.
- The amount of scholarship and the stipend will be remitted by the CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, directly to the bank account provided by the student at the time of application.
- The selected students have to submit a copy of the progress report at the end of every semester as per Appendix-D. The selected student has to score at least 70% marks or a grade of 7 in 10 scales in every semester and his/her performance will be evaluated by the Award Evaluation Committee for continuation of the scholarship.
- The stipend will be remitted to the respective student by the CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat; provided the information in Appendix E of the application form is duly signed by the Guide or Supervisor and Principal/Head of the Institute where the student is willing to do his/her project work.
- In case of the stipend, the amount will be paid only for a single training/ project work during the entire duration of the course.
What are the documents required for the CSIR-NEIST Golden Jubilee Scholarship, North East 2016 ?