This program is designed for exchange students for a period of one to four months (duration of an academic semester) at the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level.
- Student visa fee waiver
- Monthly stipend of 615 euros for up to 4 months
- Medical insurance coverage (around 300 euros/year)
- Affordable student housing guaranteed, to be paid from the stipend
- be an Indian national and reside in India
- not more than be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
- be currently enrolled at an Indian institution of higher learning that has a tie-up with the French Institution where the applicant will pursue an exchange semester. Please note that it is mandatory.
- Final semester project and laboratory research in a partner insitute in France is not applicable
How to apply?
Step I: Download
Download the application form
Step 2: Complete
Read your application form carefully. You will fill each section of the Word format document by using Arial, font size 10. Do not alter the format of the application form.
Your statement of purpose should explain why you chose the French institution to which you have applied or been admitted, as well as your future plans upon completion of the course. Explain why you would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship.Your statement of purpose should be one page long (maximum length).
Important – Please ensure that your statement of purpose is original.
Step 3: Submit
Send the following documents to email@example.com
- application form duly filled, signed, printed and scanned
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- your full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- NOC from your Indian institution – it should mention that you are a student there and are selected for the exchange program. The name of French institution needs to be mentioned.
- French language certificate if any (from Alliance Française in India or any recognised university or Xth marks card if French was your second language).
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. There is no CGPA / percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory.
Deadline for submission of Application: 15th May 2016
Results : 27th May 2016 (tentative dates)
Awardees of the scholarship will be contacted via email or phone call; the results will be put up onhttp://www.inde.campusfrance.org/en/page/charpak