What is Chandigarh Post-Matric Scholarship for Transgender Students 2017-18?
Post Matric Scholarships For Transgender Students 2017-18 has been announced by the Education Department, Chandigarh Administration, for Class 11 and above who are also the permanent residents of Chandigarh.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must -
- Be a citizen of Chandigarh, India.
- Belong to transgender category and have passed the higher secondary/matriculation examination from a recognised university or Board of Secondary Education.
- Be pursuing a post-secondary or post-matriculation course from a recognised institution except for training courses like Private Pilot license Courses, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's Courses, Courses at Training - Ship Dufferin, Courses of training at Military College, Dehradun, Courses at Pre-examination Training Centres of all India and State levels.
- Have parents'/guardians' annual income less than INR 2.5 Lacs from all sources.
Note: All children of the same parents/guardians will be entitled to receive benefits under this scheme.
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Download the application form from here.
Step 3: Fill in the form with correct information and attach required documents.
Step 4: Submit the completed application form to the Head of the Institution, being attended or last attended.
Step 5: The institutions will then send the forms to the office of -
Director Higher Education,
Additional Deluxe Building, UT Sector - 9 D,
Terms and Conditions
- Copy of residence proof
- Copy of Aadhar card/Aadhar Enrolment slip
- Annual fee details verified by Institute
- Last class pass certificate
- Copy of bank account in the name of student linked with Aadhar
- Proof of annual income of parents'/guardians'
- Self-declaration from the transgender students
The value of scholarship includes following for complete duration of the course -
- Maintenance allowance of INR 550 per month for Day Scholars and INR 1200 for Hostellers.
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees including registration/enrollment, tuition, games, library, medical examination, magazine, union and other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject will not be eligible.
- Students who after having completed their educational career in one professional line are not eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing postgraduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the undergraduate/postgraduate examinations in arts/science/commerce join any recognized professional or technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includdes distant and continuing education.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed the maximum prescribed income ceiling are made eligible to apply.
For more details, click here.
Scheme & Application form PMS Transgender person.pdf