Add to Favorites
J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2018-19
DLF Foundation Scholarship (AKANKSHA) 2017
Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
Phone: 070541 23586 / 085745 87668
1. Availability of ONLINE Application Form on the Entrance Test Portal : March 15, 2016
Last date for online submission of Application Forms : April 14, 2016
2. Date of issuing of ONLINE Admit Card : May 5, 2016 onwards till examination date.
3. Dates of Entrance Test:
Class VI : May 16, 2016 (8 AM to 10 AM)
Class IX : May 18, 2016 (8 AM to 10 AM)
Class XI Maths : May 19, 2016 (8 AM to 10 AM)
Class XI Biology : May 20, 2016 (8 AM to 10 AM)
Class XI Arts & Commerce : May 21, 2016 (8 AM to 10 AM)
4. Tentative date of SET-2016 result declaration : Jun 16, 2016
5. Tentative dates of counselling/Admission for external candidates:
Class VI : Jun 21, 2016 (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
Class IX : Jun 22, 2016 (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
Class XI Maths : Jun 23, 2016 (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
Class XI Biology : Jun 24, 2016 (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
Class XI Arts & Commerce : Jun 25, 2016 (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
For class VI : 10 Years to 12 years age as on September 30, 2016 and passed class V examination from a school.
For class IX : 13 Years to 15 years age as on September 30, 2016 and passed class VIII examination from a school.
For class XI : 18 Years maximum age as on September 30, 2016 and passed class X examination from a recognized Board/University with the required percentage as under noted:
For external candidates (coming through SET):
1. Above 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for admission in Science Stream. Above 50% marks or equivalent grade is essential in each, Science and Mathematics for admission to Science group.
2. Above 40% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for commerce.
3. Class X passed for Arts stream.
In addition to the above a candidate (excluding SC/ST) shall be eligible for admission to the above classes only if he/she gets a minimum of 33% in the School Entrance Test in which he/she is appearing. This criteria will also apply in case of the sons and daughters of the BHU employees and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. For SC/ST candidates the criteria for admission in class XI will be under their reserved quota as per KVS rules.
Application can be done online only.
THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF AVAILABLE SEATS
Class VI – 70, IX – 15, XI Maths – 17, XI Biology – 16, XI Commerce – 25 and XI Arts – 10.
Note for class XI:
In Central Hindu Girls’ School 17 seats in Maths, 16 seats in Biology, 25 seats in Commerce and 10 seats in arts are reserved in class XI for candidates who compete through the School Entrance Test. However possibility of number of seats for external candidates in addition to the above may increase depending upon the availability of seats after the admission of internal candidates.
ENTRANCE TEST SYLLABUS:
For class VI : The test question paper will be of class V standard comprising of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
For class IX : The test question paper will be of class VIII standard comprising of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
For class XI : The test question paper will comprise of subjects:
For Maths Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
For Bio Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
For Commerce & Arts Group: English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Maths and Gen. Studies as per the syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi for class X.
As per the Banaras Hindu University EC resolution dated 29/30 March, 1996, the following reservations will be given for admissions in the seats available* for admission in various classes after giving seats to internal students:-
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The SC/ST candidates are required to produce original certificate and attested photocopy of their caste certificate at the time of counselling from any one of the following authorities stating that the
candidate belongs to a SC/ST category.
(a) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner.
(b) Chief Presidency Magistrate/Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
(c) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
(d) Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
(e) Administrator/Secretary to the Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands). Candidates must note that Certificate from any other person/authority shall not be accepted in any case. If the candidate happens to belong to SC or ST, his/her caste/tribe must be listed in the appropriate Govt. of India schedule.
The Caste Certificate should clearly state:
(a) Name of his/her caste/tribe
(b) whether he/she belongs to SC or ST
(c) District and the State or Union Territory of his/her usual place of residence and
(d) the appropriate Govt. of India schedule under which his/her caste/tribe is approved by it as SC or ST. However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category
(for example: PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates.
- The Physically challenged (PC) candidates are required to submit the PC Certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon of the district of the residence of the candidate at the time of counselling. These candidates in addition will be required to appear before the Medical Board appointed by Banaras Hindu University before their final admission.
- 50% seats available for admission shall be provided to the sons and daughters of permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University subject to securing a minimum of 33% marks in the Entrance Test. If internal candidates are not available under 50% seats reserved for sons and daughters of the University Employees, then the vacant seats will be converted to General Category seats.
- The sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU have to submit the employee certificate from LTC Cell, BHU at the time of counselling (except in the case of internal admissions).
* The number of available seats depends upon the internal/board examination results of the schools. Sometimes seats may not be available or their number may be very few in a particular class for external students. This situation should be taken into consideration before applying for the admission test.