The 'Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship' for girl students belonging to the minority communities was earlier known as 'Maulana Azad National Scholarship'. The objective behind this scholarship is to recognize, promote and assist girl students belonging to national minorities who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
- Only girl students belonging to six notified minority communities, i.e., Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi, are eligible.
- The scholarship will be awarded to minorities' girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th and have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in the previous class.
- The annual income of student's parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed INR 2 lakh.
How tO apply?
Application procedure to apply-
Step 1: Go to the official site.
Step 2: Read instructions carefully.
Step 3: Continue and fill in all the necessary details.
Step 4: Attach all the required documents.
Step 5: Send it to MAEF office at below given address-
MAULANA AZAD EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre. New Delhi 110 055
The actual amount of scholarship will be provided for admission & course/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned:
- Admission & tuition fee for classes IX and X: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of INR 10,000 (Rupees ten thousand only) which will be released in two installments of INR 5,000 each
- Admission & tuition fee for class XI and XII: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of INR 12,000 (Rupees twelve thousand only) which will be released in two installments of INR 6,000 each
Points to be remembered:
- Income certificate of parents/guardian that should be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government/UT Administration should be submitted by students.
- Students are advised to submit only 'One Application Form'. In case of students submitting more than one application form, all the applications submitted by students will be considered as 'Duplicate' and will be 'Rejected'.
- No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course.
- Student Photograph attested by the principal of present school/college.
- Institution Verification Form attested by the principal of present school/college.
- Self Attested Certificate of Marksheet of previous class as filled in the form.
- Income Certificate of parents/guardian to be issued by the competent Authority declared by the State Govt./UTs Administration.
- Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Photocopy of the First page of Bank/Postal Account Passbook with, In the name of applicant (either single or joint account with her parents.
- Photocopy of Aadhaar Card of the student.
For more details, click here.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2017 Guidelines Document.docx