What is Baba Gurbachan Singh Scholarship Scheme 2016?
Baba Gurbachan Singh Scholarship Scheme 2016, launched a scholarship scheme to provide financial assistance to promising and needy students for pursuing degree and diploma courses.
To honour the brilliant students who had achieved excellence in their educational carrier, sports and cultural fields by offering them a onetime small honorarium to acknowledge their achievements.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
Students who wants to pursue traditional courses like B.A, BSc, B.Com, Diploma in Engineering, Hotel Management, BBA, BCA, M.Com, M.A., MCA etc.
How can you apply ?
- Duly filled-in and photographed application form on the prescribed format for each academic year.
- A copy of latest pay slip and I.T. Returns of all the earning members of the family. OR
- Copy of the family Income Certificate issued by the Area SDM or any other officer authorized in this behalf by the Revenue Department indicating that the total annual income of the family is not more than Rs. 3.50 Lacs.
- The Admission Slip/Letter by which the applicant has been offered admission.
- Mark Sheets of all previous academic qualifications starting from class-X.
- Certificates of Class X and XII examination
- In case of old students, copy of results of all semesters’ examination of the University.
- Copy of latest fee receipts issued by the University/Institutes.
- Details of the fee including Tuition Fee, Library, Hostel, Books etc. duly signed by the Principal of the Institute may be attached with the application.
- A certificate by the institution stating that the candidate will not/has not been granted scholarship under any scheme of other private organization or religious or spiritual organization or Government authorities, has not taken admission through Management Quota or any other Quota and also confirm that his/her family income from all sources does not exceed Rs.3.50 lakh per annum.
- Copy of Ration Card/Aadhar Card/Voter I-Card/Pass-Port/Pan-Card or any other residence proof.
- Statement of Bank Account of the father/mother/self for the last six months.
- Copy of passbook and a cancelled cheque of saving bank account of applicant for remittance of financial assistance. The Bank Account should be in the name of student. Name of student, bank account no. & IFSC Code must be mentioned on the copy of passbook/cheque.
- All the documents, testimonials submitted with the application form should be self attested
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
- Duly filled-in application form with all requisite documents should be submitted to the Member Incharge, Education Department, Sant Nirankari Mandal on or before the closing date for submission of applications i.e. September 30, 2016. No application will be received after this date.
- The Education Committee of Education Department, Sant Nirankari Mandal will scrutinize all the applications so received and will prepare a list of short-listed eligible candidates an distribute grant/scholarship by December 31, 2016.
- No column of the form shall be left blank.
PROCEDURE FOR CONSIDERATION OF APPLICATION
- The applicants and their guardians may be called to appear before the Education Committee as per the schedule and venue notified by the Member Incharge, Education Department, Sant Nirankari Mandal.
- The applicant, if required to appear in person, should produce the documents in original based on which the eligibility for claim of financial assistance is made.
- In such cases the applicant should also carry a self-attested copy of all the documents based on which the eligibility and the request for grant of financial assistance is made.
- The applicants and their parents, who do not appear before the committee on scheduled date and time, will forfeit their claim of financial assistance. No request for personal appearance before committee will be considered after the scheduled date except those who have taken prior written permission from the Member Incharge, Education Department due to some genuine exigencies.
- The list of applicants who have been approved for financial assistance by the Competent Authority under this scheme shall be notified by the Member Incharge, Education Department, Sant Nirankari Mandal.
Terms and Conditions
- This Scholarship Scheme is open to the promising and needy students securing not less than 60% marks in Class X or Class XII examination depending upon the course pursuing and wish to pursue higher study in India only. However, we may also consider some cases of most needy and promising students, who have not been able to secure 60% marks due to some specific reasons or circumstances beyond their control. The amount of reimbursement will be as under : a) For 60% and above marks = 100% of Tuition fee b) For 50% to 59% marks = 50% of Tuition fee
- This Scholarship Scheme is applicable for promising and needy persons pursuing the traditional courses as a regular or correspondence course student.
- For this Scholarship Scheme, a duly constituted committee of Education Department of Sant Nirankari Mandal will assess the economic condition and financial position of the applicant’s family. This committee will consist of four members i.e. Member Incharge/Additional Member Incharge, Administrator, Education Department, one Educationist and one Advocate. The Committee will take into account all the relevant factors like the livelihood pattern of the family, the nature and number of dependents, the socio-economic strata of the family, the financial requirements of the student and the family, the nature of schooling and academic merit of the applicant, and other parameters like attitude and behaviour of the applicant and his family or any other aspect as may be decided by the Committee from time to time. In certain cases, the education committee may recommend inspection of the home and the living standard of the family. Based on the recommendations of this Committee, we will sanction financial assistance to the promising and needy students.
- The financial assistance to be offered to an applicant will depend on the requirement and capability of the student to pursue the relevant course. The Education Committee will access the same on case to case basis.
- This scholarship is open for students as under : a) 1st year students of all the courses mentioned above. b) All the beneficiaries of our previous year scholarship scheme, if eligible and otherwise in order.
- The submission of application for consideration of the request for financial assistance does not per se create any right in favour of the student / the applicant for the grant of financial assistance under this scheme. The grant of financial assistance is subject to fulfillment of eligibility and capability criteria set-out under this scheme, from time to time. The decision of Education Committee shall be final in all respects and no further requests for reconsideration of the recommendations shall be entertained.
- The application for scholarship or educational assistance to deserving students will be invited every year so that their financial status and other criteria like academic performance and behavioural and attitudinal aspects for selection can be reviewed before making payment of tuition fee for that particular year. The tuition fees forthe entire course will not be sanctioned/approved at one go.