African Institute for Mathematical Sciences invites applications for AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Sciences 2017, from outstanding female scientists across the world. The objective of this fellowship is to encourage increased participation and contribution of female candidates in/to a more sustainable societal response to climate change.
To be eligible, an applicant must be-
- A female
- In possession before the fellowship start date of a doctorate in a quantitative discipline, including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, theoretical biology and engineering
- Currently employed, on permanent/temporary basis, in a non-profit work environment, including government
- Actively engaged in research, policy, and/or practice relevant to climate change modeling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience
- The lead and/or senior author of at least one refereed publication on a topic relevant to climate change modeling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience.
How to apply?
The application can be submitted by email.
Follow the steps given below to apply-
Step 1- Go to this page.
Step 2- Choose Information for applicants tab.
Step 3- Click on the Application form, including a budget template to download the application form.
Step 4- Fill in all the details.
Step 5- Email the application form and other required documents to the given email id- firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be 'MS4CR fellowship application – first and last name of applicant'.
Documents to be attached with the application form-
- A curriculum vitae.
- An electronic copy of a representative publication in climate change modeling, mitigation, adaptation and/or resilience on which the applicant is the lead and/or senior author.
- Three confidential letters of support.
- These letters are to be emailed directly by the applicant’s referees to email@example.com by the application deadline.
- Two of these letters should come from the applicant’s immediate supervisor at her home institution and the named collaborator at her proposed host institution.
- At least one letter should come from a referee who is qualified to assess the applicant’s experience in climate change research, practice, and/or policy.
- The subject of the email should be 'MS4CR fellowship application support letter – first and last name of applicant').
Important points to consider-
- Applicants are suggested to read carefully the following documents available at the Fellowship Program website-
- The Terms of Reference for Fellows.
- Instructions for Referees.
- The Terms of Reference for Home Institutions and Supervisors.
- The Terms of Reference for Host Institutions and Collaborators.
- All complete applications received by the application deadline will be screened for relevance by a Fellowship Oversight Committee and the selection committee will shortlist the candidates.
Application form AIMS.docx
AIMS Fellowship project proposal form.docx