To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must -
- Complete their four years undergraduate degree including first class honours in a research based honours program at the University of Adelaide in that semester OR This will be deemed to cover students who have completed all of their education at Adelaide and where the committee considers it appropriate students who have completed a lesser period of time but including the honours year.
- Be completing their master's degree with a sufficient research component to be approved by the Research Education Development Committee as a degree acceptable for entry to the Ph.D. (refer to the Academic Program Rules) at the University of Adelaide in that semester OR have completed the above that year or in the previous year
- be eligible to enroll as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in the following semester;
- be an international student
- not be currently enrolled in the higher degree by research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for a scholarship.
Note: Currently enrolled Ph.D. students are not eligible to apply. Applicants who were considered in a previous round are not eligible for reconsideration. The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrollment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.