Get this scholarship in your mobile inbox. Send below message to 92200 92200
BUDDY GET SIM264
SOF is a Registered Not-For-Profit Organization Popularising Computer, Science, Mathematics and English Education among school children.
A non-profit organization established by leading academicians, scientists and media personalities with the aim of promoting science, mathematics and computer education, the Science Olympiad Foundation has been striving for over a decade to promote scientific attitude through innovative activities and use of IT in learning process that involve school students across the country.
Exam Date : 4th Dec & 18th Dec 2014
The actual test paper has 35 questions. Time allowed : 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 10 questions in section I, 15 in section II and 10 in section III.
Section â€“ I :Logical Reasoning
Section â€“ II : Mathematical Reasoning
Section â€“ III : Everyday Mathematics
Numerals, Number Name and Number Sense (2 digit numbers), Addition, Subtraction, Length, Weight, Time, Money, Geometrical Skills, Patterns, Odd One Out, Series Completion, Problems Based on Figures.
1. First Level Prizes:
- Participation Certificate to every student.
- School Math Genius Medal - (Where more than 10 students from one class write SOFâ€™s Olympiad exam.The top 3 rank holders from that class will be awarded gold, silver
Registration of Students : The event is open to the students of classes 1st to 12th and registrations are received from the schools in the prescribed pro-forma. Registration sheet for the school / students and the information booklet are posted to the schools all over India and abroad. Students may register for the IMO through their respective schools only. Direct registrations from students are not accepted.
Roll Numbers : The school's coordinating teacher will be generating the students' Roll Numbers as per the guidelines given. A copy of these roll numbers along with the students' registration and school registration sheet should be sent to the Foundation's office before the last date.
Foundation will register your school and the students and dispatch question papers and guidelines for conducting the examination. Principals / teachers may please note that any school can be registered as a centre for IMO. No fee is required from the institution to become a registered examination Centre.
Minimum of 10 students need to be registered from each school for feasibility reasons. Students should be registered through the schools only. Individual registration by the student is not encouraged.
Fees: A nominal participation fee is charged from each student. Part of it is retained by the school for its expenses as exam centre. Details about the fee / mode of payment etc. are given in the School Registration Forms sent to schools.
The International Mathematics Olympiad invites students from classes 1st to 12th to participate and excel at International level. The competition is in two levels.
LEVEL 1 : The test is organized in the respective schools of the participants during the school hours.
- The competition is a written objective-type test of 60 minutes duration comprising 35/50 objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions.
- The question paper consists questions of Mathematical Ability, Logical and Analytical Reasoning and Everyday Mathematics.
- There are separate question papers for each class.
- The medium of the test is English.
- CBSE, ICSE/ISC and State Board syllabus is followed for setting the test papers.
- The exam is conducted during school hours.
Level 2: The qualifiers to second round would include the following:
- Top 5% of candidates classwise who appear for the 1st level exam. Due weightage to marks scored in different sections will be given. Each section is accorded separate weightage.
- Statewise top 10 rank holders classwise.
- Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 75% qualifying marks.
Clarifications: Any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc., may be sought from the National Coordinator through e-mail/fax/phone-call at email@example.com
Telefax: 0124-4951200, 09312680857
Address : 3rd floor, Plot No 99, Sector 44
Gurgaon - 122003