What is 11th National Biennial Competition for Green Grassroots 2018?
11th National Biennial Competition for Green Grassroots 2018 invites applications from young innovators and inventors of up to class 12. The key objective of this competition is to unveil the hidden innovative and creative talent of the society. The innovation/idea can be in the fields of machines, agriculture, products or process of household utility, energy conservation, farm/non-farm operations etc.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The competition is introduced by National Innovation Foundation which is an autonomous body of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The foundation aims at recognizing, rewarding and respecting traditional knowledge experts and grassroots technological innovators.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
An applicant must -
- Be a young innovator or inventor up to class 12
- Be an individual or a group of artisans, fishermen and women, farmers, slum dwellers, students or workshop mechanics
- Have achieved distinction in improving the productivity and quality without any aid of formal institutions
Note: The innovative ideas that have not yet become a product are also eligible. Besides this, professionals or individuals having technical knowledge cannot apply for the scholarship.
How can you apply ?
Applicants can apply for the competition offline either individually or in groups through following steps -
Step 1: Provide the application on plain paper containing the technical details of the innovation/idea.
Step 2: Attach supporting sketches, photos or videos for the idea whichever available/necessary.
Step 3: Attach other supporting documents and the herbal entries (sample of a properly dried plant).
Step 4: Send the entries to -
Eleventh National Biennial Competition
National Innovation Foundation - India
Tel: 02764261131/ 32/ 38/ 39
What are the benefits ?
The following four awards will be given to the applicants -
- Lifetime achievement award of INR 7.5 Lac comprising the fellowship, award and community/nature.
- The first national award winner will receive INR 5 Lac.
- The second national award winner will receive INR 3 Lac.
- The third national award winner will receive INR 1 Lac.
Besides these, several consolation prizes will also be given of INR 10000 each in various categories based on the potential environmental and social impact and incremental inventiveness.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be unaided/unsupervised technological innovation and developed at grassroots.
- All entries must be the outcome of one's own creativity.
- The outstanding entries will stand a chance of gaining wide publicity in the Honey Bee Newsletter and other media.